© Copyright 2011-2018, Charles Koch Institute.
All Rights Reserved.
Effective May 16, 2014
Welcome to a website brought to you by the Charles Koch Institute (“Institute”). The following Terms (the “Terms”) govern the use of the website (the “Institute Site”). By using the Institute Site, you agree to Institute’s Privacy Statement (to view our Privacy Statement click here) and the Terms. If you do not agree to any part of the Privacy Statement or to these Terms, please do not use the Institute Site.
The Institute Site is intended for use exclusively by persons 18 or older. By accessing or in any way using the Institute Site, you affirm that you are 18 years of age or older and that you are fully able and competent to enter into these Terms. You represent that you are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. And you agree to abide by and comply with these Terms.
The Institute Site Content
Unless otherwise attributed, all materials provided by Institute contained in the Institute Site (“Institute Content”) are the copyrighted or trademarked property of Institute. Institute Content may be accessed, downloaded, printed, or transmitted only for personal, non-commercial use. You may not download, republish, retransmit, reproduce, or otherwise use any images on the Institute Site as a stand-alone file. Institute Content may not be used or redistributed for commercial purposes. You may not download, copy, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, republish, transmit, repost, upload, or otherwise use Institute Content in any way or for any other purpose without the prior express written permission of Institute. To request such permission you may contact us. Furthermore, under no circumstances may you add, delete, distort, or otherwise misrepresent any Institute Content.
The trademarks used in the Institute Site are owned by Institute or their respective trademark owners. The names of actual companies and products mentioned may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Nothing on the Institute Site should be construed to grant implicitly, by estoppel, or otherwise in right or license to use and of Institute’s trade names, trademarks, or services marks with the express prior consent of Institute. You may not use any of the previously mentioned or other trademarks displayed anywhere on the Institute Site or in any Institute Content. All rights are reserved.
Any and all attempts to distort, misrepresent, or modify any Institute Content or to defeat or circumvent the Institute Site’s technical security measures are prohibited without Institute’s prior express written permission.
Rules of Conduct
While using the Institute Site you agree to comply with all applicable laws. You also agree to respect other users of the Institute Site.
Furthermore, you will not to use the Institute Site to:
- Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available or send through, including linking to, the Institute Site anything that:
- Is unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive, obscene, vulgar, harmful, tortious, defamatory, libelous, false, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful racially, ethnically, or otherwise, or in any other way objectionable;
- You do not have the legal or contractual right to make available pursuant to any law, or under any contractual or fiduciary relationship (such as inside information, proprietary information, and confidential information, learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); or
- Infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary or property rights of any party.
- Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any material or communications that may be deemed, within the meaning of applicable law, to be electioneering communications, intervention in a political or electoral campaign, or lobbying;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation unauthorized by the law or Institute;
- Post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Institute Site or servers or networks connected to the site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Institute Site;
- Launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers” that accesses the website in a manner that sends more request messages to the Institute Site’s servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional online web browser;
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, Institute grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Institute reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
- Violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law, intentionally or unintentionally; or
- Collect or store personal data about users.
Institute reserves the right to remove any and all content, including but not limited to: Institute Content, user-submitted content, and/or any other content related to the Institute Site at any time without prior notice. Further, Institute reserves the right to deny access to any user at any time without any prior notice for violation of these Terms. Content you submit, including but not limited to remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or comments, that violates these Terms, in the sole discretion of the Institute, may be removed.